TITLE 20: CORRECTIONS, CRIMINAL JUSTICE, AND LAW ENFORCEMENT
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS
SUBCHAPTER d: PROGRAMS AND SERVICES
PART 460 IMPACT INCARCERATION PROGRAM
SECTION 460.30 SCREENING AND PLACEMENT
Section 460.30 Screening and Placement
a) Committed persons approved by the courts shall, subject to availability of space, be screened for placement in the program at a reception and classification center or unit in accordance with 20 Ill. Adm. Code 503.Subpart A. In determining program approval of eligible committed persons, the Department may also consider, among other matters:
1) The committed person's criminal history, including outstanding warrants or detainers.
2) Whether the committed person has a history of escaping or absconding or attempting to escape or abscond.
3) Whether the committed person's participation in the program would pose a risk to the safety and security of any person or the facility.
4) The committed person's grade status.
5) The committed person's disciplinary record and institutional adjustment.
6) Availability of space in the program.
7) Whether the committed person has any known enemies in the program.
8) Whether the committed person has or agrees to obtain a suitable host site and a working telephone for placement on electronic monitoring upon successful completion of the program.
b) The committed person shall be evaluated by a physician and mental health professional to determine whether he is physically and mentally able to participate in the program.
c) The committed person shall sign a consent to participate in the program and to adhere to the terms and conditions of the program.
d) If the committed person's screening indicates the committed person is eligible for acceptance in the program, the committed person may be assigned to a correctional facility until such time as space is available in the program. In order to remain eligible for acceptance in the program, the committed person must, among other matters, maintain eligibility requirements and a positive disciplinary record and institutional adjustment while awaiting transfer to the program facility. Acceptance in the program shall not be deemed to occur until such time as the committed person is admitted to the impact incarceration program facility. The committed person may grieve a determination that he is no longer eligible for acceptance in the program in accordance with Section 460.90.
e) Committed persons not accepted by the Department for placement in the program shall be assigned to a correctional facility to serve the sentence imposed by the sentencing court.
f) The Department shall notify the sentencing court in writing of a committed person's acceptance in the Impact Incarceration Program.
(Source: Amended at 18 Ill. Reg. 2933, effective February 14, 1994)