TITLE 20: CORRECTIONS, CRIMINAL JUSTICE, AND LAW ENFORCEMENT
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS
SUBCHAPTER d: PROGRAMS AND SERVICES
PART 470 RELEASE OF COMMITTED PERSONS
SECTION 470.50 TEMPORARY IDENTIFICATION CARDS FOR RELEASED OFFENDERS
Section 470.50 Temporary Identification Cards for Released Offenders
a) The Department shall advise committed persons that they may request, in writing, a temporary identification card that may be used as one form of identification required by the Office of the Secretary of State to obtain an Illinois Identification Card. The cost for the temporary identification card shall be $1.00.
b) The Department shall issue a temporary identification card upon release to any committed person who meets the criteria established in this Section. The temporary identification card shall expire 30 days from the date of issue and may be used for identification purposes.
c) An identification card shall only be issued by the Department in the name of the committed person exactly as shown on the committing court documents.
1) To receive an identification card the committed person shall submit a written request to his or her counselor no later than five days prior to his or her release, whenever possible, including:
A) A copy of his or her social security card and a certified copy of his or her birth certificate; and
B) An authorization for payment of the $1.00 fee from the committed person's trust fund account.
2) If the name on the birth certificate does not agree with the name on the committing court documents and social security card, the committed person shall also present an official copy of a marriage license or other court documents that authorize a legal name change to the name shown on both the committing court documents and social security card.
d) The Temporary Identification Card, distinctively labeled "Released Offender Identification" on both sides of the card, shall include:
1) The name of the Department.
2) A photograph of the committed person taken within five working days prior to his or her release.
3) The name under which the released offender was incarcerated.
4) The name of the correctional facility from which the committed person was released.
5) The date of issue.
6) The expiration date that shall be 30 days from the date of issue.
7) The status of release, that is, parole, mandatory supervised release, discharge, or pardon.
8) The released offender's signature.
9) The released offender's date of birth, sex, and physical description, including height, weight, hair color, and eye color.
10) The disclaimer statement per Section 470.50(e).
e) Any temporary identification card issued by the Department is intended to assist the released offender in the transition to the community. The Department accepts no liability for any misuse of the card and shall not be held civilly or criminally liable to anyone because of any act of any person utilizing such card issued by the Department in accordance with 730 ILCS 5/3-14-1.