TITLE 20: CORRECTIONS, CRIMINAL JUSTICE, AND LAW ENFORCEMENT
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS
SUBCHAPTER e: OPERATIONS
PART 505 CLOSED MAXIMUM SECURITY FACILITY
SECTION 505.40 PLACEMENT AT THE TAMMS CORRECTIONAL CENTER
Section 505.40 Placement at the Tamms Correctional Center
a) An offender may be assigned to the Tamms Correctional Center if the offender is in disciplinary segregation or is in or is being recommended for placement in administrative detention and the transfer is approved by the Chief of Operations.
b) Among other matters, an offender who the Department has determined has engaged in the following activities or who may be planning to engage in these activities may be referred for placement in the Tamms Correctional Center:
1) Escaping or attempting to escape;
2) Assaulting staff, offenders or other persons, resulting in death or serious bodily injury;
3) Engaging in dangerous disturbances;
4) Having influence in activities of a gang or other unauthorized organization;
5) Engaging in non-consensual sexual conduct; or
6) Possessing weapons.
c) The transfer request may be either written or oral with confirmation in writing. The written request, signed by the Chief Administrative Officer of the facility requesting the placement, shall include the recommendation and reasons for the request and shall be submitted to the Chief of Operations for approval. Approval by the Chief of Operations shall result in the offender being classified as maximum security, and those offenders who are in general population shall be placed in administrative detention.
d) Placement in the Tamms Correctional Center shall be based upon the following considerations, including but not limited to:
1) The safety and security of the facility, the public, or any person;
2) The offender's disciplinary and behavioral history;
3) Reports and recommendations concerning the offender;
4) The feasibility of a transfer to another facility;
5) Medical concerns; and
6) Mental health concerns.
e) Offenders who are transferred to the Tamms Correctional Center who are not in disciplinary segregation at the time of the transfer and offenders who complete their term of disciplinary segregation while at the Tamms Correctional Center shall be provided a hearing before the Transfer Review Committee, in accordance with Section 505.60, to determine whether they should remain in administrative detention at the Tamms Correctional Center.
(Source: Amended at 34 Ill. Reg. 19499, effective December 1, 2010)