TITLE 20: CORRECTIONS, CRIMINAL JUSTICE, AND LAW ENFORCEMENT
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS
SUBCHAPTER e: OPERATIONS
PART 530 AUTHORIZED ABSENCES
SECTION 530.120 ELIGIBILITY FOR DAY RELEASE
Section 530.120 Eligibility for Day Release
a) Requests to participate in day release programs shall be submitted to the committed person's counselor, who shall refer the request and his recommendation to the Assignment Committee.
b) In determining the eligibility of a committed person for day release, the Assignment Committee shall consider, among other matters, the following:
1) Criminal history;
2) Record of social stability while in the community;
3) Disciplinary record and institutional adjustment;
4) Previous actions by the Prisoner Review Board;
5) Evidence of alcoholism or drug addiction;
6) Educational, program and vocational accomplishments and future goals;
7) History of escapes, unauthorized absences, outstanding warrants or detainers;
8) Availability of staff; and
9) Any other pertinent information.
c) The Assignment Committee shall submit a recommendation to the Chief Administrative Officer who shall approve or deny the request.
d) Committed persons who are serving a sentence for murder, Class X or Class 1 felony, armed violence, forcible detention, aggravated incest, arson, incest, or committed persons who have been adjudged habitual criminals or who have been determined to have been involved in large-scale organized crime shall be eligible for participation in day release programs only upon the approval of the Chief Administrative Officer and the Director or his designee.