TITLE 20: CORRECTIONS, CRIMINAL JUSTICE, AND LAW ENFORCEMENT
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS
SUBCHAPTER g: MUNICIPAL STANDARDS
PART 720 MUNICIPAL JAIL AND LOCKUP STANDARDS
SECTION 720.110 EMERGENCY PLAN
Section 720.110 Emergency Plan
a) Each jail shall have, in writing, detailed plans that include procedures for emergencies, such as:
1) Fires, severe weather periods, and civil disasters;
2) Riots or major disturbances;
3) Battery on jail officers;
4) Battery on detainees;
5) Escapes or escape attempts;
6) Contagious diseases; and
7) Medical (epilepsy, heart attacks, etc.).
b) Emergency plans must be known and understood by all personnel.
c) There shall be at least one full set of keys, separate from those in use, stored in a safe place accessible only to police department personnel for use in the event of an emergency.
(Source: Amended at 22 Ill. Reg. 19227, effective November 1, 1998)