TITLE 20: CORRECTIONS, CRIMINAL JUSTICE, AND LAW ENFORCEMENT
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS
SUBCHAPTER h: MISCELLANEOUS STANDARDS
PART 800 TRANSITIONAL HOUSING LICENSURE FOR SEX OFFENDERS ON PAROLE, PROBATION, OR SUPERVISION
SECTION 800.350 SAFETY AND EMERGENCY PROCEDURES
Section 800.350 Safety and Emergency Procedures
a) Fire Safety
1) All licensed Transitional Housing facilities shall establish a written fire prevention plan, including at a minimum:
A) Provision for an adequate fire protection service;
B) A system of fire extinguisher inspection and testing of equipment at least quarterly or at intervals approved by the State Fire Marshal;
C) An annual inspection by the State Fire Marshal;
D) Availability of fire protection equipment at appropriate locations throughout the facility; and
E) Monthly inspection.
2) A comprehensive and thorough inspection of the facility shall be conducted annually or on a schedule approved by the State Fire Marshal to determine compliance with safety and fire prevention standards.
3) The fire plan shall be reviewed annually and updated as needed.
b) Flammable, Toxic, and Caustic Materials
The use and storage of all flammable, toxic, and caustic materials shall be controlled. These materials must be under direct staff control and be properly stored and secured.
c) Emergency Communications
1) All licensed Transitional Housing facilities shall provide for a communications system within the facility and between the facility and the community in the event of urgent, special, or unusual incidents or emergency situations.
2) All licensed Transitional Housing facilities shall establish a written evacuation plan prepared in the event of a fire or a major emergency that shall be approved by the State Fire Marshal. The plan shall be reviewed annually and updated as needed. Revised plans shall be reissued and provided to the State Fire Marshal and to the local fire safety authority. The plan shall include the following:
A) Location of buildings and room floor plans;
B) Use of exit signs and directional arrows for traffic flow;
C) Location of publicly posted evacuation plans; and
D) Monthly drills in all occupied locations of the facility.
d) Emergency Plans
All facility personnel shall be trained in the implementation of written emergency plans.
e) Failure to Return
The facility shall establish a written plan regarding sex offenders who fail to return to the facility. The plan shall insure a timely coordinated response to the situation consistent with public safety. The plan shall be reviewed at least annually and updated as needed.