TITLE 20: CORRECTIONS, CRIMINAL JUSTICE, AND LAW ENFORCEMENT
CHAPTER II: DEPARTMENT OF STATE POLICE
PART 1205 EXPUNGEMENT PROCEDURES
SECTION 1205.30 EXPUNGEMENT ORDER REQUIREMENTS
Section 1205.30 Expungement Order Requirements
a) All expungement court orders must contain either the original signature of the issuing judge or the seal and certification of the circuit court clerk.
b) The expungement court orders must contain sufficient information to identify the person whose record is to be expunged. Identification of the subject shall include at least one of the following:
1) Name, Sex, Race, and Date of Birth;
2) State Identification Number (SID);
3) Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Number; or
4) Chicago Identification Record (IR) Number.
c) The expungement court order must contain sufficient information to identify the specific arrest to be expunged. Identification of the specific arrest shall include at least one of the following:
1) Date of Arrest, Arrest Charges, and Arresting Agency;
2) Dates of Arrest and Court Case Number;
3) Document Control Number of the Arrest to be Expunged; or
4) Central Booking Number of the Arrest to be Expunged.
d) Each expungement court order must be accompanied by the correct fee.
(Source: Amended at 41 Ill. Reg. 14112, effective November 2, 2017)