TITLE 20: CORRECTIONS, CRIMINAL JUSTICE, AND LAW ENFORCEMENT
CHAPTER II: DEPARTMENT OF STATE POLICE
PART 1240 LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCIES DATA SYSTEM (LEADS)
SECTION 1240.60 COMPUTERIZED HOT FILES (CHF) RECORDS
Section 1240.60 Computerized Hot Files (CHF) Records
a) CHF Maintenance
1) Any agency that has entered records into the CHF must ensure that its terminal is operated on a 24-hour-per-day basis by certified LEADS operators.
2) Each LEADS record must be supported by an investigative document, active warrant, or complaint. No LEADS entry shall be made solely on a telephone report by the alleged victim or owner. Documents supporting LEADS records must be available on a 24-hour-per-day basis to the terminal operator, either by direct access or telephone inquiry, for purposes of case confirmation, quality control, validation, record maintenance, etc.
3) Each agency must enter information into LEADS or ensure information has been entered into LEADS as soon as the facts are known and sufficient identifiers are available to permit the establishment of a LEADS record.
4) All warrants will be immediately entered into LEADS by the responsible agency within 24 hours after receiving reliable information sufficient to permit the establishment of a LEADS record unless entry is delayed by emergency operational needs.
5) Each agency assumes responsibility for the accuracy of the records entered under its authority. The accuracy of LEADS records must be double-checked by a second party within 24 hours after entry. That verification will ensure the available cross-checks (e.g., vehicle identification/license numbers) were made and that data in the LEADS record matches the data in the investigative report. Each agency will cooperate with LEADS quality control efforts by modifying or removing records that are incorrect or invalid. An agency must take action with respect to an incorrect or invalid record as soon as possible and no later than the end of the shift or work period during which notification is received. The Department (through "Serious Error" messages) has the right to remove any record where a substantial question exists concerning the validity or accuracy of the record.
6) Each agency will respond to inquiries for confirmation from other agencies relative to the validity and currency of its LEADS records based on the level of priority requested, either urgent or routine.
7) Each agency will promptly cancel an entry when the agency is notified or when it becomes aware that the legal intent of its entry has been satisfied, i.e., stolen property has been recovered or the suspect has been apprehended or returned. The agency that entered a record is responsible for the accuracy of that record.