TITLE 20: CORRECTIONS, CRIMINAL JUSTICE, AND LAW ENFORCEMENT
CHAPTER II: DEPARTMENT OF STATE POLICE
PART 1286 TESTING OF BREATH, BLOOD AND URINE FOR ALCOHOL, OTHER DRUGS, AND INTOXICATING COMPOUNDS
SECTION 1286.60 DEPARTMENT NOTIFICATION
Section 1286.60 Department Notification
a) Notification by an Agency
1) Agencies shall notify the Department if an approved evidentiary instrument needs service.
2) Agencies shall notify the Department if the agency receives an approved evidentiary instrument or PBT from an entity other than the manufacturer.
3) If an agency returns the evidentiary instrument to the manufacturer for repairs, the service report shall be submitted to the Department.
4) Agencies shall designate a Breath Analysis Operator to monitor the evidential instrument in their department each month on a day of their choice between the 1st and 10th of the month. This monitoring shall include the review of any error messages displayed and ensuring sufficient mouthpieces and paper are available.
b) BAOs shall notify the Department:
1) If the BAO leaves the employment of the agency that employed the BAO.
2) If the BAO changes his or her name.
c) Certified laboratories (see Section 1286.170) shall notify the Department of any change in accreditation status, as well as when a laboratory technician leaves the employment of the laboratory or when a new laboratory technician is hired to quantitate alcohol and/or other drugs in human biological fluids.
d) Any manufacturer who sells an approved evidentiary instrument or a PBT to an agency in Illinois shall notify the Department of all such sales, listing the name of the agency, the date, the make, and serial number of the instrument.
(Source: Amended at 39 Ill. Reg. 11670, effective July 29, 2015)