TITLE 20: CORRECTIONS, CRIMINAL JUSTICE, AND LAW ENFORCEMENT
CHAPTER II: DEPARTMENT OF STATE POLICE
PART 1286 TESTING OF BREATH, BLOOD AND URINE FOR ALCOHOL, OTHER DRUGS, AND INTOXICATING COMPOUNDS
SECTION 1286.240 PBT APPROVAL
Section 1286.240 PBT Approval
PBTs shall display a breath analysis reading. PBTs can display two or three digits to the right of the decimal point. Whether the PBT displays two or three digits to the right of the decimal point, the breath analysis reading consists of the first two digits to the right of the decimal point.
a) The Department shall only approve PBTs enumerated in NHTSA's list. The Department approves the following PBTs for obtaining breath analysis readings:
1) S-D2, manufactured by CMI, Inc.
2) Alcosensor III, manufactured by Intoximeters, Inc.
3) Alcosensor III (Enhanced with serial numbers above 1,200,000), manufactured by Intoximeters, Inc.
4) Alcosensor IV, manufactured by Intoximeters, Inc.
5) S-D5, manufactured by CMI, Inc., until March 31, 2016, at which time the S-D5 will no longer be approved for use in Illinois.
6) Alcosensor FST, manufactured by Intoximeters, Inc.
7) Alco-Sensor VXL, manufactured by Intoximeters, Inc.
8) Intoxilyzer 500, manufactured by CMI, Inc.
b) The Department may temporarily approve additional PBTs from NHTSA's list after conducting a program suitability evaluation. The Department shall maintain a list of PBTs temporarily approved for screening instrument testing in addition to those provided in subsection (a). PBTs may be temporarily approved for a maximum period of 18 months. The list of temporarily approved PBTs, if any, shall be available to the public upon request to the Alcohol and Substance Testing Section.
(Source: Amended at 39 Ill. Reg. 11670, effective July 29, 2015)