TITLE 20: CORRECTIONS, CRIMINAL JUSTICE, AND LAW ENFORCEMENT
CHAPTER II: DEPARTMENT OF STATE POLICE
PART 1295 CERTIFICATION AND TRAINING OF ELECTRONIC CRIMINAL SURVEILLANCE OFFICERS
SECTION 1295.80 SPECIFICATIONS FOR MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT
Section 1295.80 Specifications for Materials and Equipment
a) The materials and equipment used for electronic criminal surveillance shall be of a type and quality sufficient to satisfy the requirements of the Act and ensure adequate collection and preservation of evidence. The standards outlined in subsection (b) shall be met or exceeded.
b) Intercept device equipment shall:
1) Include audio monitoring capabilities.
2) Include controls to facilitate minimization.
3) Provide printed documentation of all minimization incidents.
4) Include capacity to record onto original removable media.
5) Display call data.
6) Use virgin recording media and shall protect the recording from editing or other alterations.
(Source: Amended at 25 Ill. Reg. 15626, effective November 21, 2001)