TITLE 20: CORRECTIONS, CRIMINAL JUSTICE, AND LAW ENFORCEMENT
CHAPTER III: ILLINOIS CRIMINAL JUSTICE INFORMATION AUTHORITY
PART 1570 FEES FOR PROCESSING REQUESTS FOR CONVICTION INFORMATION
SECTION 1570.30 FORM AND MANNER FOR ASSISTING IN THE PROCESSING OF CONVICTION INFORMATION
Section 1570.30 Form and Manner for Assisting in the Processing of Conviction Information
a) A criminal justice agency that assists in the processing of criminal conviction information requests pursuant to the Act shall do so as follows:
1) Provide such assistance, at a minimum, during its regular business hours, Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
2) Verify the identity of the individual record subject. In making this verification, the agency shall require at least two forms of identification, one of which shall be a photographic identification. Acceptable photographic identification shall be of a nature that cannot easily be forged, such as valid passports or driver's licenses, identification cards issued by the Secretary of State, or military or other photographic identification of a similar reliability.
3) After verification of the identity of the individual record subject, the personnel of the criminal justice agency shall fingerprint the record subject on a CIR Form. It shall be the responsibility of the requester to obtain such form from the Department of State Police.
4) The criminal justice agency shall review the CIR Form to verify that it is accurately completed, as appropriate, by the requester, in conformance with the requirements of the Department of State Police.
5) The criminal justice agency may charge the requester a fee pursuant to Section 1570.40.
6) The criminal justice agency shall return the CIR Form to the requester, who shall be responsible for mailing it to the Department of State Police.
b) A local criminal justice agency that does not assist in processing a request for conviction information pursuant to the Act shall inform the requester that the conviction information sought can be obtained directly from the Department of State Police at the following address or phone number:
Illinois State Police
Bureau of Identification
260 North Chicago St.
Joliet, Illinois 60431
Telephone number: (815) 740-5160