TITLE 20: CORRECTIONS, CRIMINAL JUSTICE, AND LAW ENFORCEMENT
CHAPTER IV: PRISONER REVIEW BOARD
PART 1610 PRISONER REVIEW BOARD
SECTION 1610.10 ADMINISTRATION
Section 1610.10 Administration
a) By action of the members of the Prisoner Review Board, orders of parole or conditions of parole as well as statutory parole and mandatory releases and all continuances ordered by the former Parole and Pardon Board are adopted.
b) Duties of the Chairman
1) Full administrative authority for conducting the business of the Illinois Prisoner Review Board shall be vested in the Chairman, including but not limited to the time and place of assignments, time and place of Board conferences, opening and adjournment times of Board meetings, caucuses and conferences, and such other general administrative powers as shall be necessary to effectively carry out the work of said Board.
2) The Chairman shall preside at meetings of the Board and may appoint another member as Acting Chairman in the event of his absence. He shall also name presiding members of panels of the Board.
3) Upon the request of three members of the Board he shall schedule a special meeting of the Board at a reasonable time and at a suitable location.
c) Hearing Panels
1) Adult panels. The Board may meet and order its actions in panels for purposes of granting and revoking parole. The action of a majority of a panel shall be the action of the Board. Each panel shall consist of at least three members of the Board except as otherwise required by the Unified Code of Corrections (Ill. Rev. Stat. 1983, ch. 38, par. 3-3-2(a)(2)).
2) Juvenile panels. The authority of the Board for persons in the custody of the Juvenile Division shall be exercised by a panel of at least three members except as otherwise required by the Unified Code of Corrections (Ill. Rev. Stat. 1983, ch. 38, par. 3-3-2(a)(2)). At least a majority of the members of the panel deciding a case must be experienced in the field of juvenile matters. The interview for parole revocation of a juvenile shall be conducted by a member qualified in juvenile matters.
3) In any instance where a tie vote shall result, the matter under consideration shall be referred to the full Board for determination.
AGENCY NOTE: Any use of the terms "he", "his" or "him" is intended to be gender neutral.
(Source: Amended at 9 Ill. Reg. 16257, effective October 10, 1985)