TITLE 20: CORRECTIONS, CRIMINAL JUSTICE, AND LAW ENFORCEMENT
CHAPTER V: ILLINOIS LOCAL GOVERNMENTAL LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS TRAINING BOARD
PART 1710 ADDITIONAL COMPENSATION FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS MEETING CERTAIN EDUCATIONAL STANDARDS
SECTION 1710.20 "LAW ENFORCEMENT RELATED COURSES"
Section 1710.20 "Law Enforcement Related Courses"
a) The 30 semester hours of law enforcement related courses must have been earned in a law enforcement related program. Programs which are related to law enforcement include, but are not limited to, the following:
1) Law Enforcement/Police Science/Police Administration
2) Forensic Science/Criminalistics
3) Criminal Justice/Criminal Justice Administration
4) Criminal Justice Planning/Evaluation
5) Administration of Justice
8) Judicial Management/Court Administration
9) Corrections/Correctional Administration/Probation-Parole
11) Social Justice
12) Social Welfare/Social Work
14) Behavioral Science
15) Public Administration/Public Management/Public Service
b) Credits to be acceptable must have been awarded by an institution of higher learning (community or junior college, senior college or university) which has been accredited by a recognized regional accreditation association, or which has accreditation pending with such an association.
c) A minimum grade of "C," or its equivalent, must be attained in a course as a requirement for acceptance.
d) For purposes of effective administration, only those credits acquired before February 1, 1975 (and by February 1st each year thereafter) shall be considered in determining eligibility for the financial benefits provided by this Act.
e) For those applicants on a quarter-hour system, one and one-half (1½) quarter hours shall be considered as equaling one semester hour.