TITLE 20: CORRECTIONS, CRIMINAL JUSTICE, AND LAW ENFORCEMENT
CHAPTER V: ILLINOIS LAW ENFORCEMENT TRAINING AND STANDARDS BOARD
PART 1720 ILLINOIS POLICE TRAINING ACT
SECTION 1720.50 REIMBURSEMENTS
Section 1720.50 Reimbursements
a) The Board will, within certain limitations, reimburse the local governmental agency for one half the cost of training the officer as follows:
1) The trainee's salary during the training period.
2) The cost of lodging and meals incurred when the trainee is required to be away from his residence overnight, subject to the same limitations applicable to employees of the State of Illinois (see 80 Ill. Adm. Code 2800.Appendix A and 3000.400(b)). If the trainee returns to his residence each night, no lodging or food expense, except for lunch, will be allowed.
3) The cost of necessary travel expense incurred. Where travel is by car, the standard State mileage rate (see 80 Ill. Adm. Code 3000.300(f)(2)) will be allowed, but travel must be outside the city where the school is located.
4) The cost of school tuition and fees.
b) In no case will reimbursement for any particular course exceed the maximum amount set by statute. Reimbursement of salary will not be considered if a trainee is required to work during any part of a training course.
c) Reimbursement to Employer
1) Reimbursement will be made by the Board to those local home rule governmental units who have demonstrated their desire to participate in the program by passing the necessary resolution or ordinance and filing a copy of that resolution or ordinance with the Board and who have complied with other provisions of the Act.
2) Reimbursement will also be made by the Board to those local non-home-rule governmental units who employ at least one full-time law enforcement officer as defined in the Act and who have complied with other provisions of the Act.
d) Reimbursement will be made by the Board only once for a particular training course in which the same officer may be enrolled the second time, unless unusual circumstances exist.
e) As a general rule, reimbursement will not be made by the Board for any type of non-basic training unless the trainee has been awarded a certificate attesting to his successful completion of the Minimum Standards Basic Law Enforcement Officers Training Course prior to such training or has been granted a waiver of the Basic Course requirement.
(Source: Amended at 28 Ill. Reg. 13537, effective September 23, 2004)