TITLE 20: CORRECTIONS, CRIMINAL JUSTICE, AND LAW ENFORCEMENT
CHAPTER V: ILLINOIS LAW ENFORCEMENT TRAINING AND STANDARDS BOARD
PART 1720 ILLINOIS POLICE TRAINING ACT
SECTION 1720.240 ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Section 1720.240 Eligibility Requirements
1) Before separation from service was a certified law enforcement officer authorized by a local, State or federal law enforcement department, office or agency to carry a firearm in the course and scope of his or her duties;
2) Is in possession of a photographic identification issued by a law enforcement department, office or agency from which the individual separated in good standing as a law enforcement officer;
3) Has authorized an investigation to determine if the applicant has been convicted of any disqualifying criminal offenses, and the results of the investigation reveal no findings of guilt for any disqualifying offenses specified in the Act and the FOID Card Act;
4) Is in possession of a valid FOID Card identifying him or her; and
5) Is a resident of the State of Illinois.
b) Any qualified retired law enforcement officer making application to carry a concealed firearm pursuant to this Subpart shall, by signing the application form, affirm that he or she meets each of the eligibility requirements described in this Subpart under penalty of perjury.
(Source: Amended at 39 Ill. Reg. 2578, effective February 5, 2015)