TITLE 20: CORRECTIONS, CRIMINAL JUSTICE, AND LAW ENFORCEMENT
CHAPTER VII: SEX OFFENDER MANAGEMENT BOARD
PART 1910 JUVENILE SEX OFFENDER EVALUATION AND TREATMENT
SECTION 1910.170 TREATMENT
Section 1910.170 Treatment
a) The primary treatment provider, in consultation with the MDT, shall refer juveniles living in the community, residential treatment programs, or correctional facilities for individual, group, or family therapy or other adjunct services.
b) Sex offense specific treatment shall be designed to address strengths, risks and deficits and all areas of need identified by the evaluation (described in Section 1910.60) and shall:
1) provide for the protection of past and potential victims and protect victims from unsafe or unwanted contact with the juvenile;
2) include treatment goals and interventions that are individualized to improve individual and family functioning and enhance the abilities of support systems to respond to the juvenile's needs and concerns;
3) favor continuity in caregiver relationships;
4) implement interventions that address the juvenile's need for pro-social peer relationships, activities, and success in educational/vocational settings;
5) define participation and informed supervision expectations for the juvenile, the family/caregivers, educators, and members of the juvenile's support systems;
6) develop detailed, long-term relapse prevention, safety, and aftercare plans to address risks and deficits that remain unchanged; and
7) describe relevant and measurable outcomes that will be the basis of determining successful completion of treatment.