TITLE 20: CORRECTIONS, CRIMINAL JUSTICE, AND LAW ENFORCEMENT
CHAPTER VII: SEX OFFENDER MANAGEMENT BOARD
PART 1910 JUVENILE SEX OFFENDER EVALUATION AND TREATMENT
SECTION 1910.270 FAMILY REUNIFICATION
Section 1910.270 Family Reunification
a) A goal of family reunification may be established only if victim safety and continued recovery can be assured.
b) The treatment provider, in collaboration with the MDT, shall make recommendations regarding reunification.
1) Family reunification shall never take precedence over the safety of any victim.
2) If reunification is indicated, after careful consideration of all the potential risks, the process shall be closely monitored by the approved provider and the MDT.
c) Reunification may be considered only when all of the following conditions are met:
1) the offender has accepted full responsibility for the offense;
2) the victim has received treatment and an advocate for the victim concurs with reunification;
3) the treatment provider and the MDT conclude that the juvenile has made significant progress toward goals and outcomes as evidenced in the quarterly review by the MDT; and
4) the treatment provider and the MDT have determined that the parent/guardian has demonstrated the ability to provide informed supervision and:
A) the parent/guardian demonstrates the ability to initiate consistent communication with the victim regarding the victim's safety;
B) the family believes the abuse occurred, has received support and education, and accepts that potential exists for future abuse or offending; and
C) the family has established a relapse prevention plan that extends into aftercare and includes evidence of a comprehensive understanding of the offending behaviors and implementation of safety plans.
d) With the MDT, the treatment provider shall continue to monitor family reunification and recommend services according to the treatment plan.
1) Family reunification does not indicate completion of treatment.
2) Reunification may illuminate further or previously un-addressed treatment issues that may require amendments to the treatment plan.