TITLE 20: CORRECTIONS, CRIMINAL JUSTICE, AND LAW ENFORCEMENT
CHAPTER IX: DEPARTMENT OF JUVENILE JUSTICE
SUBCHAPTER a: ADMINISTRATION AND RULES
PART 2206 RESEARCH AND EVALUATION
SECTION 2206.20 REQUIREMENTS FOR SUBMITTING RESEARCH PROPOSALS
Section 2206.20 Requirements for Submitting Research Proposals
a) Any request to conduct research or an evaluation study involving former or present committed youth, employees, programs, or facilities, whether originating inside or outside the Department, shall be in writing and shall be submitted to the Director for review and authorization.
b) The person or entity requesting the research or study shall provide the following written documentation prior to approval of the request:
1) A formal research proposal including name(s) and vitae of the researcher(s); abstract of the project, including purpose, methodology, duration, the number of subjects, amount of time required for each subject, and dissemination plan; testing or measurement instrument; and Department resources to be utilized;
2) Sources of funding, grants awarded, or descriptions detailing intentions to respond to official requests for proposals;
3) Approval obtained from a Human Subjects Research Committee, where applicable;
4) A signed Research Agreement which shall contain a statement that any rights of privacy, informed consent, confidentiality, and protection from harm are met in accordance with accepted professional and scientific ethics and that the requirements of any applicable Illinois and federal law or regulation have and will continue to be met; and
5) Any other information deemed necessary to the authorization process.