TITLE 20: CORRECTIONS, CRIMINAL JUSTICE, AND LAW ENFORCEMENT
CHAPTER IX: DEPARTMENT OF JUVENILE JUSTICE
SUBCHAPTER c: PROGRAMS AND SERVICES
PART 2415 HEALTH CARE
SECTION 2415.20 DEFINITIONS
Section 2415.20 Definitions
a) "Agency Medical Director" means the Medical Director of the Department of Juvenile Justice.
b) "Chief Administrative Officer" means the highest ranking official of a youth center.
c) "Communicable disease" means a disease caused by an organism that is transmitted through airborne means or casual contact, or through blood or bodily secretion contact from one human being to another.
d) "Department" means the Department of Juvenile Justice.
e) "Department physician or dentist" means any physician or dentist who provides services for the Department.
f) "Director" means the Director of the Department of Juvenile Justice.
g) "Gravely disabled" means a condition in which a youth, as a result of a mental illness or mental disorder:
1) Is in danger of serious physical harm resulting from the person's failure to provide for his or her essential human needs of health or safety; or
2) Manifests serious deterioration in routine functioning evidenced by repeated and escalating loss of cognitive or volitional control over the person's actions that is likely to seriously jeopardize his or her health or safety.
h) "Likelihood of serious harm" means:
1) A substantial risk that physical harm will be inflicted by a youth upon his or her own person as evidenced by, among other things, threats or attempts to commit suicide or inflict physical harm on one's self; or
2) A substantial risk that physical harm will be inflicted by a youth upon another as evidenced by, among other things, behavior that has caused such harm or that places another person or persons in reasonable fear of sustaining such harm; or
3) A substantial risk that physical harm will be inflicted by a youth upon the property of others as evidenced by, among other things, behavior that has caused substantial loss or damage to the property of others.
i) "Mental health professional" means a psychiatrist, physician, psychiatric nurse, clinically trained psychologist, or an individual who has clinical training and a master's degree in social work or psychology.
j) "Physician" means an individual who is licensed by the State of Illinois to practice medicine in all of its branches.
k) "Specialized mental health setting" means a Department of Juvenile Justice youth center or unit that specializes in mental health care.