TITLE 23: EDUCATION AND CULTURAL RESOURCES
SUBTITLE A: EDUCATION
CHAPTER I: STATE BOARD OF EDUCATION
SUBCHAPTER b: PERSONNEL
PART 26 STANDARDS FOR ENDORSEMENTS IN EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION AND IN ELEMENTARY EDUCATION
SECTION 26.370 CURRICULUM: FINE ARTS
Section 26.370 Curriculum: Fine Arts
The competent elementary teacher understands the educational, communicative, and aesthetic value of dance, drama, music, and visual art and the role fine arts play in reflecting history and culture and promotes all students' ability to express themselves creatively.
a) Knowledge Indicators – The competent elementary teacher:
1) understands concepts, techniques, and materials of the visual arts; cultural dimensions of the visual arts; and interrelationships among the visual arts and the other art forms.
2) understands concepts, techniques, and materials for producing, listening to, and responding to music; cultural dimensions of music; and interrelationships among music and the other art forms.
3) understands concepts, techniques, and materials related to drama; cultural dimensions of drama; and interrelationships among drama and the other art forms.
4) understands concepts, techniques, and materials related to dance; cultural dimensions of dance; and interrelationships among dance and the other art forms.
b) Performance Indicators – The competent elementary teacher:
1) promotes artistic development, appreciation, and performance.
2) teaches the use of various tools, including technology, for creating, analyzing and performing works of art.