TITLE 23: EDUCATION AND CULTURAL RESOURCES
SUBTITLE A: EDUCATION
CHAPTER I: ILLINOIS STATE BOARD OF EDUCATION
SUBCHAPTER b: PERSONNEL
PART 75 AGRICULTURAL EDUCATION PROGRAM
SECTION 75.30 APPLICATION PROCEDURE
Section 75.30 Application Procedure
a) When State funding is expected to be available for the agricultural science teacher education program for a given fiscal year, the State Superintendent of Education shall issue a request for applications from eligible entities. This request shall:
1) indicate the amount or expected amount of the appropriation for the program and the expected range for grant awards;
2) describe the required content and format of applications and identify the activities that will receive priority consideration for funding, if applicable;
3) identify the data that recipients will be required to collect and report regarding the activities conducted with the funds provided and the results of those activities, as well as the timelines for reporting;
4) include such certifications, assurances, and program-specific terms of the grant as the State Superintendent may require; and
5) indicate the deadline for submission of applications, which shall provide applicants with at least 30 days in which to respond.
b) Each application shall be signed by an authorized representative of the institution, and each shall be accompanied by a letter of support signed by the head of the agriculture department and, as applicable, the head of the education department or other department responsible for the education program at the applicant institution.
c) Applicants may be requested to clarify various aspects of their proposals. The content of the approved proposal shall be incorporated into a grant agreement to be signed by the applicant's authorized representative and the State Superintendent.
d) Each participating institution's eligibility to receive funding in fiscal years following the initial appropriation for this program, or following the institution's initial receipt of funding, as applicable, shall be contingent upon the submission of:
1) a description of activities undertaken to date and any other information required to be reported, demonstrating that the project has been implemented in conformance with the grant agreement;
2) an updated project narrative that discusses the services and activities for which the funding will be used and a rationale for the activities to be undertaken;
3) an updated budget summary and payment schedule for the coming fiscal year, including a narrative budget breakdown;
4) signed certifications, assurances, and program-specific terms of the grant, as applicable to the renewal period.