TITLE 23: EDUCATION AND CULTURAL RESOURCES
SUBTITLE A: EDUCATION
CHAPTER I: ILLINOIS STATE BOARD OF EDUCATION
SUBCHAPTER b: PERSONNEL
PART 75 AGRICULTURAL EDUCATION PROGRAM
SECTION 75.420 APPLICATION PROCEDURE FOR INITIAL PROPOSALS
Section 75.420 Application Procedure for Initial Proposals
Programs established under this Subpart D shall be funded for a five-year period. Funding in each year subsequent to the initial grant year is subject to a sufficient appropriation for the program and satisfactory progress of the grantee in the previous grant year. (See Section 75.435 of this Part.)
a) When State funding is expected to be available under this Subpart D for a given fiscal year, the State Superintendent of Education shall issue a request for proposals to eligible entities. This request shall:
1) indicate the amount or expected amount of the appropriation for the program and the expected range for grant awards;
2) describe the required content and format of proposals and identify the services and activities that will receive priority consideration for funding, if applicable;
3) identify the data that recipients will be required to collect and report regarding the services and activities conducted with the funds provided and the results of those services and activities, as well as the timelines for reporting;
4) identify the categories of allowable expenditures and require the submission of a budget summary and payment schedule, completed on the forms provided, as well as a narrative budget description that provides a detailed explanation of each line item of expenditure;
5) include the information to be provided regarding any subcontractors proposed to provide services or conduct activities;
6) include certifications, assurances, and program-specific terms of the grant that the State Superintendent may require (also see Section 75.440 of this Part); and
7) indicate the deadline for submission of proposals, which shall provide applicants with at least 30 days in which to respond.
b) Each proposal shall be signed by an authorized representative of the applicant entity.
c) Applicants may be requested to clarify various aspects of their proposals. The content of the approved proposal shall be incorporated into a grant agreement to be signed by the applicant's authorized representative and the State Superintendent of Education or designee.
(Source: Added at 35 Ill. Reg. 16839, effective September 29, 2011)