TITLE 23: EDUCATION AND CULTURAL RESOURCES
SUBTITLE A: EDUCATION
CHAPTER I: STATE BOARD OF EDUCATION
SUBCHAPTER d: CONSTRUCTION AND BUILDING MAINTENANCE
PART 180 HEALTH/LIFE SAFETY CODE FOR PUBLIC SCHOOLS
SECTION 180.100 APPROVAL PROCEDURE FOR PLAN REVIEWERS AND INSPECTORS
Section 180.100 Approval Procedure for Plan Reviewers and Inspectors
The provisions of subsection (a) notwithstanding, a design professional may perform any of the roles discussed in Sections 180.110 and 180.120 without securing the specific approvals discussed in those Sections.
a) Each individual seeking approval or renewal for any of the roles discussed in Sections 180.110 and 180.120 shall submit to the State Superintendent of Education:
1) an application for the specific approvals or renewal sought, completed on a form prescribed by the State Superintendent;
2) for each approval or renewal sought, an electronic copy of a recent 1" x 1" color photograph of the applicant (head and shoulders only);
3) an application fee of $25 for one approval or renewal or $50 for two or more approvals or renewals, although fees for employees of the State Board of Education, any Regional Office of Education or the Illinois Office of the State Fire Marshal shall be waived; and
4) the relevant additional information called for in Section 180.110 or 180.120, as applicable.
b) Validity and Renewal
The validity of the initial approval and any renewals shall be determined by the date on which the application was received.
1) Applications for approval or renewal received before July 1 shall be valid from the date of approval by the State Board of Education through a period of three years, starting on January 1 of the calendar year in which the application was received.
2) Applications received on or after July 1 shall be valid from the date of approval by the State Board of Education through a period of three years, starting on January 1 of the calendar year immediately following the year in which the application was received.
c) Denial and Revocation of Approval
1) The State Superintendent of Education shall deny or revoke the approval of any individual whose payment for an application fee is returned for insufficient funds or who is determined to have:
A) falsified information on his or her application;
B) submitted fraudulent documentation to a regional superintendent, a school district administrator, a building owner, a licensed design professional, or a contractor;
C) performed duties outside the areas for which approval has been given;
D) performed duties under this Part in a manner hazardous to school personnel or students, or otherwise behaved in a manner unsuitable to a school environment; or
E) permitted the use or duplication of his or her proper identification by another person.
2) The State Superintendent shall provide written notification to any individual who is denied approval or whose approval is revoked, stating the basis for the action taken.
3) An individual who believes that his or her approval has been unduly denied or revoked shall submit a written request for a review no later than 10 days after receipt of the Superintendent's notification. Grounds for a review shall be limited to incorrectness of the specific basis given for the Superintendent's action.
4) The State Superintendent shall consider the information presented in the individual's response and render a final administrative decision.
(Source: Amended at 40 Ill. Reg. 3059, effective January 27, 2016)