TITLE 23: EDUCATION AND CULTURAL RESOURCES
SUBTITLE A: EDUCATION
CHAPTER I: STATE BOARD OF EDUCATION
SUBCHAPTER f: INSTRUCTION FOR SPECIFIC STUDENT POPULATIONS
PART 240 ALTERNATIVE LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES PROGRAM
SECTION 240.80 APPLICATION FOR PROGRAM CONTINUATION
Section 240.80 Application for Program Continuation
a) In order to continue to operate an Alternative Learning Opportunities Program approved pursuant to Article 13B of the School Code and this Part, the school district shall annually submit an application for continuation, on a form supplied by the State Board of Education, that shall include the following:
1) a description of proposed changes in any of the elements of the district plan for the Alternative Learning Opportunities Program (see Section 240.70(c) of this Part);
2) the results of the evaluation of the previous year's program conducted pursuant to Section 240.70(c)(12) of this Part, including the educational outcomes achieved by the students enrolled in the program;
3) the activities proposed for the continuation period in light of the evaluation of the preceding year's project, including the identification of each unmet objective and the rationale for its continued inclusion or its deletion from the program;
4) an expenditure report, on a form supplied by the State Board of Education, for the previous school year; and
5) updated information regarding any subcontracts, contracts, or cooperative or intergovernmental agreements into which the district has entered to operate the program or provide services, including any changes to the entities involved or in their roles and responsibilities.
b) Pursuant to Section 13B-30.20 of the School Code [105 ILCS 5/13B-30.20], an Alternative Learning Opportunities Program shall be approved for continuation provided that it:
1) submits evidence that it is meeting the educational outcomes specified in the district plan, including the educational outcomes identified for the individual students served;
2) continues to comply with all applicable State and federal laws;
3) in the year previous to the continuation application, complied with:
A) the terms and conditions of any grant it received pursuant to Subpart B of this Part;
B) the plan submitted for program approval pursuant to Section 240.70 of this Part; and
C) any updates to that plan subsequently submitted to the State Board of Education pursuant to subsection (a) of this Section; and
4) maintains financial records in accordance with the requirements of 23 Ill. Adm. Code 100 (Requirements for Accounting, Budgeting, Financial Reporting, and Auditing).
c) An Alternative Learning Opportunities Program that is not approved for continuation shall be subject to the requirements of Section 240.100 of this Part.
(Source: Amended at 33 Ill. Reg. 9427, effective June 22, 2009)