TITLE 23: EDUCATION AND CULTURAL RESOURCES
SUBTITLE A: EDUCATION
CHAPTER I: STATE BOARD OF EDUCATION
SUBCHAPTER g: SPECIAL COURSES OF STUDY
PART 260 READING IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM
SECTION 260.140 APPLICATION CONTENT AND APPROVAL FOR CONTINUATION PROGRAMS
Section 260.140 Application Content and Approval for Continuation Programs
The requirements of this Section shall apply to those applicants seeking funding to continue professional development programs beyond the initial grant period.
a) In order to continue to operate a Reading Improvement Professional Development program, a grantee each year shall submit an application for continuation. The application shall include at least the following:
1) an overview of the program to date (e.g., training provided, number of participants, topics addressed);
2) a description of the activities and services proposed for the renewal period;
3) budget information for the year in which the application is being made; and
4) the certifications, assurances and program-specific terms of the grant referred to in Section 260.120(f) of this Part that are applicable to the renewal period.
b) A professional development program shall be approved for continuation provided that:
1) a need continues to exist for the program, as evidenced by reading achievement data and the proposed numbers of teachers to be served;
2) the activities and services proposed will be effective in improving instruction and student achievement in reading;
3) the proposed budget is cost-effective, as evidenced by the cost of proposed services in relation to the numbers to be served and the services to be provided; and
4) in the year previous to the continuation application, the applicant complied with the terms and conditions of any grant it received pursuant to this Subpart B.
(Source: Added at 33 Ill. Reg. 4031, effective February 23, 2009)