TITLE 23: EDUCATION AND CULTURAL RESOURCES
SUBTITLE A: EDUCATION
CHAPTER I: STATE BOARD OF EDUCATION
SUBCHAPTER o: MISCELLANEOUS
PART 565 CLASS SIZE REDUCTION GRANTS
SECTION 565.150 CRITERIA FOR THE REVIEW OF INITIAL APPLICATIONS
Section 565.150 Criteria for the Review of Initial Applications
Applications for initial funding shall be evaluated in accordance with the following criteria:
a) Rationale and Cost-Effectiveness (50 points)
1) The proposal demonstrates that the available facilities in the schools to be served can accommodate the number of additional classrooms for which teachers will be employed.
2) The number of licensed teachers to be employed with grant funds is reasonable in relation to the number of students affected in the grades to be served, and the applicant has chosen one or more grades with the greatest need for class size reduction.
3) The proposal demonstrates that the equipment, supplies, instructional materials, or other resources requested are necessary for the support of the additional classrooms planned, and the grant request reflects a reasonable local contribution toward outfitting of any new classrooms.
b) Evaluation Plan (30 points)
The applicant proposes to collect and report information on the performance of the students in the classrooms served that will add to an understanding of the effects of class sizes of 15 or lower when compared to class sizes between 15 and 20 and when compared to class sizes above 20.
c) Need (20 points)
1) The proposal demonstrates that the average class size within the chosen grades exceeds 15 pupils and that students' performance may be improved through a reduction in class size.
2) The proposal demonstrates that other sources of funding are limited to such an extent that the applicant is unable to employ additional licensed staff in the chosen grades.
(Source: Amended at 37 Ill. Reg. 8145, effective June 6, 2013)