TITLE 23: EDUCATION AND CULTURAL RESOURCES
SUBTITLE A: EDUCATION
CHAPTER I: STATE BOARD OF EDUCATION
SUBCHAPTER o: MISCELLANEOUS
PART 600 ENROLLMENT OF AND PAYMENT FOR NONRESIDENT STUDENTS AT THE PHILIP J. ROCK CENTER AND SCHOOL
SECTION 600.200 GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
Section 600.200 General Requirements
a) The per diem rate shall be determined annually as set forth in Section 600.210. The per diem rate shall be not less than the per capita costs established in the fiscal year immediately preceding the fiscal year in which the nonresident student is enrolled.
1) The per diem rate shall be charged to the funding source on a monthly basis, except as otherwise provided in Section 600.130(b).
2) The per diem rate for any nonresident student who, pursuant to the IEP, is served in the School for less than full time shall be prorated according to the percentage of time the student is actually served in the program.
3) A failure on the part of the funding source to make payments required under subsection (a)(1) in a timely manner shall be just cause for immediate dismissal of the nonresident student upon 30 days' notice to the funding source (see Section 600.140(c)).
b) A nonresident student's parents or the student's funding source shall have responsibility for all medical expenses and transportation costs, except that nursing/health services and transportation that are identified as related services in the nonresident student's IEP shall be provided as part of the child's education and by the child's resident school district.
1) The nonresident student's parents or funding source shall indicate in the enrollment agreement the person or entity that bears responsibility for paying medical and transportation costs. The responsible party shall provide documentation related to the nonresident student's medical needs so as to ensure that the student receives proper medical services while at the School.
2) The Executive Director may elect to require that an escrow account funded by the parents or funding source be established for medical and transportation expenses.
A) The Executive Director shall notify the parents or funding source in writing if an escrow account is to be established.
B) The amount the parent or funding source is to place in the escrow account shall be equal to the estimated amount, as determined by the Executive Director, of a month's medical and transportation expenses for the nonresident student.
3) The parents or funding source shall be responsible for transporting the nonresident student from the School, located at the address shown in Section 600.120(a), upon the student's termination of enrollment in the program (also see Section 600.140(c)(2)).