TITLE 23: EDUCATION AND CULTURAL RESOURCES
SUBTITLE A: EDUCATION
CHAPTER VI: BOARD OF EXAMINERS
PART 1400 CERTIFICATE OF EDUCATION AND EXAMINATION REQUIREMENTS
SECTION 1400.105 EXAMINATIONS - MISCONDUCT
Section 1400.105 Examinations − Misconduct
a) Misconduct is a serious matter and is strictly prohibited.
b) The following actions will be considered misconduct:
1) Communication between candidates inside or outside the examination room, or copying via any media another candidate's answer, while the examination is in progress.
2) Communication with others outside the examination room while the examination is in progress.
3) Substitution of a candidate by another person to sit in the examination room to write one or more of the examination papers.
4) Possession of and/or reference to crib sheets, textbooks, electronic media or other material inside or outside the examination room while the examination is in progress.
5) Divulging any specific content of the examination in any form.
6) Using or attempting to use any method, device, mechanism, scheme or communication while the examination is in progress for the purpose of or with the intent of gaining access to information to assist a candidate in answering questions on the examination.
7) Failure to follow written or oral instructions regarding procedures and conduct of the examination.
8) Any other actions of misconduct as may be determined by the Board's approved vendor.
1) Any candidate found guilty of misconduct is subject, at the discretion of the Board and depending on the seriousness of the violation, to one or more of the following penalties:
A) disqualification from credit for the section of the exam on which the misconduct took place or for the entire exam;
B) a ban from retaking the exam for not less than three or more than five years.
2) The enumeration of the penalties in this Section shall not preclude imposition of other penalties or liabilities as may be provided by civil or criminal laws.
(Source: Amended at 40 Ill. Reg. 9963, effective July 7, 2016)