TITLE 23: EDUCATION AND CULTURAL RESOURCES SUBTITLE A: EDUCATION
CHAPTER XIX: ILLINOIS STUDENT ASSISTANCE COMMISSION
PART 2738 GRANT PROGRAM FOR A CHILD RAISED BY GRANDPARENT
SECTION 2738.20 APPLICANT ELIGIBILITY
Section 2738.20 Applicant Eligibility
a) A qualified applicant shall be:
1) a resident of Illinois;
2) a United States citizen or eligible noncitizen;
3) in the legal custody of his or her grandparents and received public assistance under the Illinois Public Aid Code for at least 12 consecutive months preceding the initial application for assistance under this Part;
4) a high school graduate with a cumulative grade point average of at least a 2.7 on a 4.0 scale or its equivalent and recommended for this grant by the principal or other appropriate administrative officer of his or her high school; and
5) enrolled or plans to enroll on a full-time basis at an institution that is approved for participation in the Monetary Award Program (23 Ill. Adm. Code 2735).
b) Renewal applicants shall meet all requirements in subsection (a), including:
1) to provide ISAC with the certification statement on the application, signed by an authorized official at the student's institution of higher learning; and
2) to have a cumulative grade point average of at least a 2.7 on a 4.0 scale or its equivalent.