TITLE 23: EDUCATION AND CULTURAL RESOURCES
SUBTITLE A: EDUCATION
CHAPTER XIX: ILLINOIS STUDENT ASSISTANCE COMMISSION
PART 2764 GOLDEN APPLE SCHOLARS OF ILLINOIS PROGRAM
SECTION 2764.20 APPLICANT ELIGIBILITY
Section 2764.20 Applicant Eligibility
a) All qualified applicants must be designated as a Golden Apple Scholar by the Golden Apple Foundation for Excellence in Teaching (the Foundation).
b) A qualified applicant, at the time of designation as a Golden Apple Scholar by the Golden Apple Foundation for Excellence in Teaching, shall:
1) be a United States citizen or eligible noncitizen;
2) be a resident of Illinois;
3) be a high school graduate or a person who has received a high school equivalency certificate;
4) be enrolled at a four-year institution designated by the Foundation as a participating Illinois college or university; and
5) have entered into a program agreement and promissory note with the Foundation and ISAC, as described in this Part.
c) In order to receive scholarship assistance under this Part, a qualified applicant shall:
1) be enrolled in a postsecondary course of study leading to initial teacher licensure or taking additional courses needed to gain Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) approval to teach, including alternative teacher licensure [110 ILCS 947/52];
2) have earned a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale if enrolled at the sophomore, junior or senior level; and
3) have participated in all required programs and adhered to the residential guidelines and standards of conduct as a designated Golden Apple Scholar of the Foundation.
d) In any academic year in which the qualified applicant accepts or receives financial assistance through the Paul Douglas Teacher Scholarship Program (23 Ill. Adm. Code 2762), the Minority Teachers of Illinois Scholarship Program (23 Ill. Adm. Code 2763), the Special Education Teacher Tuition Waiver Program (23 Ill. Adm. Code 2765), or the Teach Illinois Scholarship (23 Ill. Adm. Code 2768), the qualified applicant shall not be eligible for scholarship assistance under this Part.
(Source: Amended at 42 Ill. Reg. 13649, effective July 1, 2018)