TITLE 74: PUBLIC FINANCE
CHAPTER II: COMPTROLLER
PART 290 CONTRACT CONTENT
SECTION 290.1209 PURCHASE ORDERS AND SIMILAR DOCUMENTS
Section 290.1209 Purchase Orders and Similar Documents
1) This category is limited to documents involving the purchase of tangible personal property. Purchase orders as that term is here defined may be only used for payments from the electronic data processing, commodities, telecommunications, printing, equipment, operation of automotive equipment, or lump sum line items.
2) The fact that an agency labels a document a purchase order does not exempt it from meeting the criteria set forth in the applicable Sections 290.1204 through 290.1208, if the document pertains to a transaction that is generally evidenced by a contract or lease.
b) Purchase orders must contain:
1) Vendor's name and address.
2) Description of property (where applicable serial numbers should be included).
3) Amount to be paid (in some cases a specification of unit prices is acceptable).
4) Agency name.
5) Execution date.
6) Signature of authorized agency representative, where applicable.
7) Bribery clause certification.
8) Federal Taxpayer Identification Number and legal status disclosure certification (See Section 290.Appendix B (16)).
9) Bid-rigging/bid rotating certification, where applicable (See Section 290.1203 (k)).
10) Educational loan certification (See Section 290.1203 (l)).
11) Such other provisions as may be specifically required by law.
12) Any other information deemed necessary or advisable by the agency or the Attorney General.
c) Comptroller Approval. The format of purchase orders must be approved by the Comptroller.
(Source: Amended at 14 Ill. Reg. 5757, effective April 5, 1990)