TITLE 77: PUBLIC HEALTH
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
SUBCHAPTER o: PEST CONTROL
PART 830 STRUCTURAL PEST CONTROL CODE
SECTION 830.200 CERTIFICATION RENEWALS
Section 830.200 Certification Renewals
a) Renewal applications will be mailed to all certified technicians in possession of a valid structural pest control technician certificate at least 30 days prior to December 1 during the year of certification expiration, provided that the following items are on file with the Department by October 1 of that year:
1) A valid, current home address; and
2) Verification of attendance at a minimum of nine classroom contact hours, in increments of three hours or more, at Department-approved pest control training seminars during the certification period.
b) A certified technician who does not receive a renewal application pursuant to subsection (a) of this Section may obtain one by submitting a written request to the Department after the requirements of Section 830.200(a) of this Part have been met.
c) The certified technician shall review the renewal application for accuracy. Any changes of employment, name, or home or mailing address shall be recorded where indicated on the renewal application.
d) If a renewal application is filed in a timely and sufficient manner, the Department will process the application, and the current certification shall continue in effect until the Department issues either a certification renewal or a Final Order denying the application.
e) For the purposes of this Section, a timely and sufficient manner means that:
1) The application is postmarked no later than December 1 of the year of certification expiration;
2) The application is on the Department's technician renewal form;
3) The child support section of the application has been completed and the application signed and dated by the certified technician;
4) A check or money order for the renewal fee required by Section 9(a) of the Act is enclosed;
5) Documentation of attendance at a minimum of nine classroom contact hours, in increments of three hours or more, at Department approved pest control training seminars during the three years prior to the renewal application is either on file with the Department or enclosed with the renewal application; and
6) A current 2-inch by 2-inch head and shoulders color photograph of the applicant printed on photographic paper is attached to the application or on file with the Department.
f) A renewal application that does not comply with subsections (e)(2) through (6) of this Section shall be considered insufficient and shall be returned to the applicant, and the current certification shall lapse on the December 31 expiration date.
g) The Department will process a renewal application that is sufficient but not timely (filed with the Department postmark after December 1), but the current certification shall lapse on the December 31 expiration date. The application shall be accompanied by the required late filing charge prescribed in Section 9(a) of the Act.
h) The Department's acceptance of an application as sufficient for processing shall not be construed as a determination of the merits of the application or the technician's qualifications for certification renewal.
(Source: Amended at 37 Ill. Reg. 3288, effective March 1, 2013)