(20 ILCS 301/55-25)
Drug court grant program.
(a) Subject to appropriation, the Department shall establish a program to administer grants to local drug courts. Grant moneys may be used for the following purposes:
(1) treatment or other clinical intervention through
an appropriately licensed provider;
(2) monitoring, supervision, and clinical case
management via probation, Department Designated Programs, or licensed treatment providers;
(3) transportation of the offender to required
(4) interdisciplinary and other training of both
clinical and legal professionals who are involved in the local drug court;
(5) other activities including data collection
related to drug court operation and purchase of software or other administrative tools to assist in the overall management of the local system; or
(6) court appointed special advocate programs.
(b) The position of Statewide Drug Court Coordinator is created as a full-time position within the Department. The Statewide Drug Court Coordinator shall be responsible for the following:
(1) coordinating training, technical assistance, and
overall support to drug courts in Illinois;
(2) assisting in the development of new drug courts
and advising local partnerships on appropriate practices;
(3) collecting data from local drug court
partnerships on drug court operations and aggregating that data into an annual report to be presented to the General Assembly; and
(4) acting as a liaison between the State and the
Illinois Association of Drug Court Professionals.
(Source: P.A. 100-759, eff. 1-1-19