(30 ILCS 708/40)
The Governor's Office of Management and Budget, with the advice and technical assistance of the Illinois Single Audit Commission, shall adopt rules requiring that the applicant for an award disclose, in a timely manner and in writing to the pass-through entity, all violations of State or federal criminal law involving fraud, bribery, or gratuity violations potentially affecting the award. Failure to make the required disclosures may result in any of the following remedial actions:
(1) The temporary withholding of cash payments
pending correction of the deficiency by the awarding agency or non-federal entity or more severe enforcement action by the pass-through entity.
(2) Disallowance of (that is, denial of both use of
funds and any applicable matching credit for) all or part of the cost of the activity or action not in compliance.
(3) Whole or partial suspension or termination of the
(4) Initiation of suspension or debarment proceedings
as authorized under rules adopted under subsection (a) of Section 20 of this Act and awarding agency regulations (or, in the case of a pass-through entity, recommendation that such a proceeding be initiated by the awarding agency).
(5) Withholding further awards for the project or
(6) Taking any other remedial action that may be
(Source: P.A. 98-706, eff. 7-16-14