(225 ILCS 20/5)
(from Ch. 111, par. 6355)
(Section scheduled to be repealed on January 1, 2028)
Powers and duties of the Department.
Subject to the provisions of this Act, the Department shall exercise the following functions, powers, and duties:
(1) Conduct or authorize examinations to ascertain
the qualifications and fitness of candidates for a license to engage in the independent practice of clinical social work and in the practice of social work, pass upon the qualifications of applicants for licenses, and issue licenses to those who are found to be fit and qualified.
(2) Adopt rules required for the administration and
(3) Adopt rules for determining approved
undergraduate and graduate social work degree programs and prepare and maintain a list of colleges and universities offering such approved programs whose graduates, if they otherwise meet the requirements of this Act, are eligible to apply for a license.
(4) Prescribe forms to be issued for the
administration and enforcement of this Act consistent with and reflecting the requirements of this Act and rules adopted pursuant to this Act.
(5) Conduct investigations related to possible
(6) Maintain rosters of the names and addresses of
all persons who hold valid licenses under this Act. These rosters shall be available upon written request and payment of the required fee.
(Source: P.A. 100-414, eff. 8-25-17.)