(225 ILCS 65/65-30)
(Section scheduled to be repealed on January 1, 2028)
APRN scope of practice.
(a) Advanced practice registered nursing by certified nurse practitioners, certified nurse anesthetists, certified nurse midwives, or clinical nurse specialists is based on knowledge and skills acquired throughout an advanced practice registered nurse's nursing education, training, and experience.
(b) Practice as an advanced practice registered nurse means a scope of nursing practice, with or without compensation, and includes the registered nurse scope of practice.
(c) The scope of practice of an advanced practice registered nurse includes, but is not limited to, each of the following:
(1) Advanced nursing patient assessment and diagnosis.
(2) Ordering diagnostic and therapeutic tests and
procedures, performing those tests and procedures when using health care equipment, and interpreting and using the results of diagnostic and therapeutic tests and procedures ordered by the advanced practice registered nurse or another health care professional.
(3) Ordering treatments, ordering or applying
appropriate medical devices, and using nursing medical, therapeutic, and corrective measures to treat illness and improve health status.
(4) Providing palliative and end-of-life care.
(5) Providing advanced counseling, patient education,
health education, and patient advocacy.
(6) Prescriptive authority as defined in Section
(7) Delegating selected nursing interventions to a
licensed practical nurse, a registered professional nurse, or other personnel.
(Source: P.A. 100-513, eff. 1-1-18