(625 ILCS 5/6-301)
(from Ch. 95 1/2, par. 6-301)
Unlawful use of license or permit.
(a) It is a violation of this Section for any person:
1. To display or cause to be displayed or have in his
possession any cancelled, revoked or suspended license or permit;
2. To lend his license or permit to any other person
or knowingly allow the use thereof by another;
3. To display or represent as his own any license or
permit issued to another;
4. To fail or refuse to surrender to the Secretary of
State or his agent or any peace officer upon his lawful demand, any license or permit, which has been suspended, revoked or cancelled;
5. To allow any unlawful use of a license or permit
6. To submit to an examination or to obtain the
services of another person to submit to an examination for the purpose of obtaining a drivers license or permit for some other person.
1. Any person convicted of a violation of this
Section shall be guilty of a Class A misdemeanor and shall be sentenced to a minimum fine of $500 or 50 hours of community service, preferably at an alcohol abuse prevention program, if available.
2. Any person convicted of a second or subsequent
violation of this Section shall be guilty of a Class 4 felony.
3. In addition to any other sentence imposed under
paragraph 1 or 2 of this subsection (b), a person convicted of a violation of paragraph 6 of subsection (a) shall be imprisoned for not less than 7 days.
(c) This Section does not prohibit any lawfully authorized
investigative, protective, law enforcement or other activity of any agency
of the United States, State of Illinois or any other state or political
(d) This Section does not apply to licenses and permits invalidated under
Section 6-301.3 of this Code.
(Source: P.A. 92-647, eff. 1-1-03; 92-883, eff. 1-13-03.)