Updating the database of the Illinois Compiled Statutes (ILCS) is an ongoing process.
Recent laws may not yet be included in the ILCS database, but they are found on this site as Public
soon after they become law. For information concerning the relationship between statutes and Public Acts, refer to the
Because the statute database is maintained primarily for legislative drafting purposes,
statutory changes are sometimes included in the statute database before they take effect.
If the source note at the end of a Section of the statutes includes a Public Act that has
not yet taken effect, the version of the law that is currently in effect may have already
been removed from the database and you should refer to that Public Act to see the changes
made to the current law.
(805 ILCS 215/1101)
In this Article:
(1) "Constituent limited partnership" means a constituent organization that is a limited partnership.
(2) "Constituent organization" means an organization that is party to a merger.
(5) (Blank). "
(6) "General partner" means a general partner of a limited partnership.
(7) "Governing statute" of an organization means the statute that governs the organization's internal affairs.
(8) "Organization" means a general partnership, including a limited liability partnership; limited partnership, including a limited liability limited partnership; limited liability company; business trust; corporation; or any other person having a governing statute. The term includes domestic and foreign organizations whether or not organized for profit.
(9) "Organizational documents" means:
(A) for a domestic or foreign general partnership,
its partnership agreement;
(B) for a limited partnership or foreign limited
partnership, its certificate of limited partnership and partnership agreement;
(C) for a domestic or foreign limited liability
company, its articles of organization and operating agreement, or comparable records as provided in its governing statute;
(D) for a business trust, its agreement of trust and
(E) for a domestic or foreign corporation for profit,
its articles of incorporation, bylaws, and other agreements among its shareholders which are authorized by its governing statute, or comparable records as provided in its governing statute; and
(F) for any other organization, the basic records
that create the organization and determine its internal governance and the relations among the persons that own it, have an interest in it, or are members of it.
(10) "Personal liability" means personal liability for a debt, liability, or other obligation of an organization which is imposed on a person that co-owns, has an interest in, or is a member of the organization:
(A) by the organization's governing statute solely by
reason of the person co-owning, having an interest in, or being a member of the organization; or
(B) by the organization's organizational documents
under a provision of the organization's governing statute authorizing those documents to make one or more specified persons liable for all or specified debts, liabilities, and other obligations of the organization solely by reason of the person or persons co-owning, having an interest in, or being a member of the organization.
(11) "Surviving organization" means an organization into which one or more other organizations are merged. A surviving organization may preexist the merger or be created by the merger.
(Source: P.A. 100-561, eff. 7-1-18