TITLE 44: GOVERNMENTAL CONTRACTS, GRANTMAKING, PROCUREMENT AND PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
SUBTITLE F: GRANTMAKING
CHAPTER I: GOVERNOR'S OFFICE OF MANAGEMENT AND BUDGET
PART 7000 GRANT ACCOUNTABILITY AND TRANSPARENCY ACT
SECTION 7000.220 STATE COGNIZANT AGENCY RESPONSIBILITIES AND IMPLEMENTATION
Section 7000.220 State Cognizant Agency Responsibilities and Implementation
a) The State Cognizant Agency is the State agency that provides the most funding to the awardee based on State agency entries into the CSFA. Each awardee is assigned a State Cognizant Agency. The State Cognizant Agency assignments are recorded in the Grantee Portal and the State Staff Inquiry Screen.
b) As defined in Section 7000.30, the State Cognizant Agency is the State grantmaking agency designed to carry out specific pre-award responsibilities associated with prequalification, fiscal and administrative risk assessment, and indirect cost rate election/negotiation.
1) The State Cognizant Agency provides support as necessary to assist the applicants in completing the prequalification process. Refer to Section 7000.320.
2) The State Cognizant Agency reviews and accepts submitted ICQs pursuant to Section 7000.340(d)(1).
3) The State Cognizant Agency reviews and accepts indirect cost rate elections/negotiations pursuant to Section 7000.420.
4) The State Cognizant Agency designates staff to serve as the Indirect Cost Rate Subject Matter Expert to support Section 7000.420.
5) The State Cognizant Agency designates staff to serve as the Audit Report Review Subject Matter Expert to support Section 7000.90.