TITLE 44: GOVERNMENTAL CONTRACTS, GRANTMAKING, PROCUREMENT AND PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
SUBTITLE F: GRANTMAKING
CHAPTER I: GOVERNOR'S OFFICE OF MANAGEMENT AND BUDGET
PART 7000 GRANT ACCOUNTABILITY AND TRANSPARENCY ACT
SECTION 7000.360 NOTICE OF STATE AWARD (NOSA)
Section 7000.360 Notice of State Award (NOSA)
a) Prior to a State agency issuing a grant/award, the State agency must verify that there are no outstanding pre-award requirements. This includes verification of qualification, acceptance of risk assessments, approved budget, conflict of interest disclosures, and required certifications. All outstanding pre-award requirements must be resolved before a NOSA can be issued.
b) If there are no outstanding requirements, the State grantmaking agency must issue a NOSA through the CSFA to comply with federal requirements.
c) The NOSA shall communicate:
1) Grant funding terms, including the source of funds;
2) Grant terms and conditions (including corresponding citations) specified by the funder, the State of Illinois, the grantmaking agency, and the terms of the specific grant program;
3) Specific conditions associated with the risk assessments and the merit based review, if applicable; and
4) That the application budget has been approved.
d) The State grantmaking agency shall release the NOSA to the applicant from the CSFA. The applicant shall receive the NOSA through the Grantee Portal.
e) The applicant shall review the NOSA and determine whether it will accept the specified terms of the award.
1) If the applicant accepts the NOSA, it is agreeing to all specified terms and conditions. Applicant acceptance triggers notification to the grantmaking agency. The CSFA will flag the NOSA as "accepted".
2) If the applicant denies the NOSA, it is refusing to accept the specified terms and conditions. Applicant denial triggers notification to the grantmaking agency. The CSFA will flag the NOSA as "denied". The grantmaking agency should contact the applicant to discuss the denial decision.
A) If an incorrect response to the ICQ triggered a specific condition, the grantmaking agency shall notify the State Cognizant Agency. The State Cognizant Agency shall release the ICQ to the organization for correction and resubmittal. If the updated ICQ alters the risk profile of the organization and changes the specific conditions for the organization, an updated NOSA shall be generated by the grantmaking agency and submitted to the applicant.
B) If the ICQ responses appear valid, the grantmaking agency may need to clarify capacity building necessary in the specified area and the process under which specific conditions can be removed (see Section 7000.340(e) (Specific Conditions).
f) Upon applicant acceptance of the NOSA, the grantmaking agency shall initiate the Grant Agreement following the State agency's protocol.