TITLE 1: GENERAL PROVISIONS
CHAPTER II: JOINT COMMITTEE ON ADMINISTRATIVE RULES
PART 210 GENERAL POLICIES
SECTION 210.500 USE OF SUBPOENAS
Section 210.500 Use of Subpoenas
a) The Joint Committee may issue a subpoena pursuant to Section 5-95(b) of the Act. The Joint Committee will issue a subpoena for reasons such as the following:
1) the agency refuses to appear before a Joint Committee hearing;
2) the agency refuses to provide information requested by the Joint Committee; or
3) the agency refuses to produce any records or documents requested by the Joint Committee.
b) Prior to the issuance of a subpoena, the Joint Committee or the Director will:
1) notify the agency (in writing if sufficient time exists) of the refusal and the fact that the Co-Chairmen or the Director intend to issue a subpoena; and
2) allow the agency to present its reasons for the refusal.
c) The Co-Chairmen may issue a subpoena. In addition, the Director may issue a subpoena when approved by a majority vote of the members of the Joint Committee.
(Source: Amended at 18 Ill. Reg. 4739, effective March 14, 1994)