TITLE 1: GENERAL PROVISIONS
CHAPTER II: JOINT COMMITTEE ON ADMINISTRATIVE RULES
PART 245 EXPEDITED CORRECTIONS
SECTION 245.120 COMMITTEE REVIEW
Section 245.120 Committee Review
a) Upon receipt of a Request for Correction that meets the requirements of Section 245.110(c), the Committee shall:
1) notify the agency and Administrative Code Division that the Request for Correction meets the requirements of Section 245.110(c), and provide a copy of the Request for Correction to the Administrative Code Division for publication in the Illinois Register;
2) review the Request;
3) question the agency if necessary; and
4) recommend modifications to the specific corrective language proposed by the agency, if necessary.
b) The Committee shall consider the Request for Correction at its next meeting, unless deferred in accordance with subsection (c) below.
c) The Committee may defer consideration of a Request for Correction on such grounds as:
1) inadequate time for the Committee to assess and evaluate the public interest to be served and whether no hardship is created by remediation of the error or omission through the expedited correction process rather than through regular rulemaking;
2) inadequate time for an evaluation of whether the public notice considerations of the Act are not being unduly circumvented (Section 5-85(b) of the Act);
3) the complexity of the Request for Correction; and
4) available time for consideration by the Committee of other items on its meeting agenda.