TITLE 1: GENERAL PROVISIONS
CHAPTER III: DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE AND COMMUNITY AFFAIRS
PART 300 SMALL BUSINESS IMPACT ANALYSIS PROCEDURES
SECTION 300.400 ANALYSIS PROCEDURES
Section 300.400 Analysis Procedures
a) The Secretary of State shall provide the Bureau with a copy of all proposed rulemakings. Whenever the Bureau believes that an analysis is warranted or whenever requested to do so by the Joint Committee on Administrative Rules (JCAR) or an interested person, the Bureau shall prepare an impact analysis.
b) The impact analysis may include information obtained from, but not limited to, the following:
1) data information services;
2) business associations;
3) business community;
4) meetings or hearings held by others regarding proposed rulemaking;
5) technical specialists in the appropriate field; and
6) issuing agency.
c) The impact analysis shall be completed within forty-five days of the date of publication of the rule in the Illinois Register or within the first notice period. The analysis shall include the following:
1) A summary of the projected reporting, recordkeeping and other compliance requirements of the proposed rule.
2) A description of the types and an estimate of the number of small businesses to which the proposed rule will apply.
3) An estimate of the economic impact that the regulation will have on the various types of small businesses affected by the rulemaking.
4) A description or listing of alternatives to the proposed rule that would minimize the economic impact of the rule. The alternatives must be consistent with the stated objectives of the applicable statutes and regulations (Section 5-30(c)(1)-(4) of the Act).
d) Pursuant to Section 5-30(c) of the Act, the Bureau shall submit a copy of the impact analysis in writing to the issuing agency, any interested person who requested an analysis, and JCAR during the first notice period.
(Source: Amended at 17 Ill. Reg. 1511, effective January 26, 1993)