TITLE 11: ALCOHOL, HORSE RACING, LOTTERY, AND VIDEO GAMING
SUBTITLE B: HORSE RACING
CHAPTER I: ILLINOIS RACING BOARD
SUBCHAPTER a: GENERAL RULES
PART 308 PICK (N) POOLS
SECTION 308.90 PICK 3 POOLS
Section 308.90 Pick 3 Pools
a) The Pick 3 requires selection of the first-place finisher in each of three specified contests.
b) The net Pick 3 pool shall be distributed to winning wagers in the following precedence, based upon the official order of finish:
1) As a single price pool to those whose selection finished first in each of the three contests; but if there are no such wagers, then
2) As a single price pool to those who selected the first-place finisher in any two of the three contests; but if there are no such wagers, then
3) As a single price pool to those who selected the first-place finisher in any one of the three contests; but if there are no such wagers, then
4) The entire pool shall be refunded on Pick 3 wagers for those contests.
c) If there is a dead heat for first in any of the three contests involving:
1) contestants representing the same betting interest, the Pick 3 pool shall be distributed as if no dead heat occurred.
2) contestants representing two or more betting interests, the Pick 3 pool shall be distributed as a single price pool with each winning wager receiving an equal share of the profit.
d) Should a betting interest in any of the Pick 3 contests be scratched, the actual favorite, as evidenced by total amounts wagered in the Win pool at the close of wagering on that contest, shall be substituted for the scratched betting interest for all purposes, including pool calculations. In the event that the Win pool total for two or more favorites is identical, the substitute selection shall be the betting interest with the lowest program number. The totalizator shall produce reports showing each of the wagering combinations with substituted betting interests that became winners as a result of the substitution, in addition to the normal winning combination.
e) If two or three Pick 3 contests are cancelled or declared "no contest", the entire pool shall be refunded on Pick 3 wagers for those contests.
f) If one of the Pick 3 contests is cancelled or declared "no contest", the Pick 3 pool will remain valid and shall be distributed in accordance with subsection (b)(2).
(Source: Amended at 35 Ill. Reg. 13891, effective July 28, 2011)