TITLE 11: ALCOHOL, HORSE RACING, LOTTERY, AND VIDEO GAMING SUBTITLE E: SPORTS WAGERING
CHAPTER I: ILLINOIS GAMING BOARD
PART 1900 SPORTS WAGERING
SECTION 1900.790 TEMPORARY OPERATING PERMITS
Section 1900.790 Temporary Operating Permits
The Administrator may issue a temporary operating permit to an applicant for a supplier, tier 2 official league data supplier, management service provider, or master sports wagering license issued under Section 25-30 or 25-35 of the Act. The holder of a temporary operating permit may engage in any activity in connection with sports wagering that would otherwise require licensure under the Act.
a) To qualify for any temporary operating permit, an applicant must have:
1) Already submitted an application that has been deemed complete by the Administrator; and
2) Already paid any required application fee.
b) Any applicant requesting a master sports wagering temporary operating permit must:
1) Possess a valid organization gaming license or owners license; or
2) Be an affiliated entity of the holder of a valid organization gaming license, owners license, master sports wagering license, or management service provider license.
c) Any applicant requesting a supplier or tier 2 official league data supplier temporary operating permit must possess a valid license in another jurisdiction with respect to the same goods or services the applicant will supply in Illinois.
d) Any applicant requesting a management service provider temporary operating permit must be an affiliated entity of an owners licensee or organization gaming licensee under the Illinois Gambling Act, or a master sports wagering licensee.
e) In determining whether to grant a temporary operating permit, the Administrator shall consider any relevant factor, including, but not limited to:
1) Facts that suggest an applicant may not be suitable for licensure under the Act and this Part;
2) Any past or pending disciplinary action against the applicant in any jurisdiction;
3) The best interests and needs of the Illinois sports wagering industry; and
4) Whether issuing a temporary operating permit would pose a threat to public confidence and trust in the Illinois sports wagering industry, or to the integrity and security of the Illinois sports wagering industry.
f) The Administrator may rescind a temporary operating permit at any time for any just cause, including, but not limited to, the factors identified in Sections 1900.310 and 1900.510(a), and in subsection (e) of this Section.
g) Rescission of a temporary operating permit by the Administrator is not a final ruling on the merits of an application.
h) A temporary operating permit shall be rescinded upon issuance of a Notice of Denial of Application.
(Source: Amended at 45 Ill. Reg. 3460, effective March 4, 2021)