TITLE 14: COMMERCE
SUBTITLE C: ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE AND ECONOMIC OPPORTUNITY
PART 547 HIGH SPEED INTERNET SERVICES AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY PROGRAM
SECTION 547.30 LEGAL REQUIREMENTS
Section 547.30 Legal Requirements
a) Any entity awarded funds under the Program shall be required to execute a grant agreement that sets forth the rights and responsibilities of the Grantee and the Department. The Grant Agreement shall reflect all applicable State and federal statutory and administrative requirements, including but not limited to provisions covering the expenditure of grant funds and utilization of property purchased with grant funds.
b) The Grant Agreement shall contain substantive provisions including, but not limited to, the following:
1) A recitation of legal authority under which the Grant Agreement is made;
2) An identification of the scope of work and schedule, or services to be performed or conducted by the Grantee;
3) An identification of the grant amount;
4) The conditions by and manner in which the Department shall pay the grant amount subject at all times to annual appropriation by the General Assembly;
5) A promise by the Grantee not to assign or transfer any of the rights, duties or obligations of the Grantee without the written consent of the Department;
6) A promise by the Grantee not to amend the Grant Agreement without the written consent of the Department. Failure to do so will result in a cost disallowance. The project must be completed by the completion date on the notice of grant award unless a written request for an extension is submitted no later than 15 days prior to the award completion date;
7) A covenant that the Grantee shall expend the grant amount and any accrued interest only for the purposes of the scope of work as stated in the Grant Agreement and approved by the Department; and
8) A covenant that the Grantee shall refrain from entering into any written or oral agreement or understanding with any party that might be construed as an obligation of the State of Illinois or the Department for the payment of any funds under the Program.