TITLE 17: CONSERVATION
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF NATURAL RESOURCES
SUBCHAPTER g: GRANTS
PART 3030 LAND AND WATER CONSERVATION FUND (LWCF) GRANT PROGRAM
SECTION 3030.30 GENERAL PROCEDURES FOR GRANT APPLICATIONS AND AWARDS
Section 3030.30 General Procedures for Grant Applications and Awards
a) A completed project application for assistance must be submitted by the local project sponsor to DNR in accordance with a schedule publicly announced annually by DNR.
b) Information and instructions necessary for making application for LWCF assistance (OSLAD/LWCF Local Participation Manual) may be obtained from the Division of Grant Administration, Illinois Department of Natural Resources, One Natural Resources Way, Springfield IL 62702-1271, telephone: 217/782-7481.
c) The project application, as described in the OSLAD/LWCF Grant Program Local Participation Manual, consists of the following basic information, at a minimum:
1) applicant's name, address and telephone number;
2) information on the supply of existing public park acreage and recreation facilities located within the project sponsor's (applicant) jurisdiction;
3) an itemized proposed project description and cost estimate;
4) project narrative statement describing the project concept, location, need for and objectives of the project, anticipated benefits, proposed usages and method of financing or accomplishing the project;
5) project location map, site plat (boundary) map and proposed development plan;
6) project environmental evaluation, including:
A) State Historic Preservation Officer review;
B) Endangered and Threatened Species Impact review;
C) Wetland Impact review;
D) U.S. and Illinois Department of Agriculture Prime Farmland Impact review; and
E) State and Areawide Clearinghouse review (Executive Order 12372);
7) a commitment of title insurance or other means of reviewing title for the project property planned for acquisition;
8) verification that the applicant has the resources to initially finance and subsequently develop and manage the project area and will comply with program regulations and indemnify the Department from any liability relative to the project;
9) a signed certification statement indicating the project sponsor (applicant) has not been debarred or suspended from federal grant-in-aid assistance;
10) copy of Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) flood map for project area;
11) indication of project conformance to local, regional and State comprehensive outdoor recreation plans; and
12) name and qualifications of two State licensed appraisers who potentially will be used to appraise the project property's value.
d) Failure to submit a correct and complete application by the publicly announced application deadline date will result in project rejection for that particular grant cycle (year).
e) Awarding of grants will be on a competitive basis (Section 3030.40) and is under authority of the Director of the Department of Natural Resources.
(Source: Added at 27 Ill. Reg. 753, effective January 6, 2003)