TITLE 17: CONSERVATION
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF NATURAL RESOURCES
SUBCHAPTER h: WATER RESOURCES
PART 3708 FLOODWAY CONSTRUCTION IN NORTHEASTERN ILLINOIS
SECTION 3708.110 PERMIT APPLICATION
Section 3708.110 Permit Application
Applicants for permits shall submit the following information and materials. For projects involving construction at more than one location, separate permit applications shall be submitted for each location.
a) Application Form
1) Applications for permit shall be made by submitting a completed application for permit form furnished by the Department. As a minimum, the following information shall be provided:
A) Name and address of applicant;
B) Site location (including legal description) of the property, drawn to scale, on the regulatory floodway map, indicating whether it is proposed to be in an incorporated or unincorporated area;
C) Name of stream or body of water affected;
D) Description of proposed activity;
E) Statement of purpose of proposed activity;
F) Anticipated dates of initiation and completion of activity;
G) Names and mailing addresses of the owner of the subject property if different from the applicant; and
H) Signature of applicant or the applicant's agent.
2) Other requirements related to the application form include:
A) If the applicant is a corporation, the president or other authorized officer shall sign the application form;
B) If the applicant is a county, city or other political subdivision, the application form shall be signed by an authorized officer;
C) If the applicant is a partnership, each partner shall sign the application form; and
D) If the applicant is a land trust, the trust officer shall sign the name of the trustee by him (her) as trust officer. A disclosure affidavit must be filed with the application, identifying each beneficiary of the trust by name and address and defining the respective interests in the trust.
b) Permit Application Fee
The application fees are described in Section 3708.115.
c) Plan and Data Requirements
1) Plans of the proposed activity shall be provided that include as a minimum:
A) A vicinity map showing the site of the activity, name of the waterway, boundary lines, names of and distance of nearest town, community or other identifying location, names of roads in the vicinity of the site, graphic or numerical scale, and north arrow;
B) A plan view of the project and engineering study reach showing existing and proposed conditions including principal dimensions of the structure or work, elevations in mean sea level (1929 adjustment) datum, adjacent property lines and ownership, drainage and flood control easements, distance between proposed activity and navigation channel (when the proposed construction is along a commercially navigable body of water), regulatory floodway limit, flood plain limit, location and orientation of cross-sections, north arrow, and a graphic or numerical scale;
C) Cross-section views of the project and engineering study reach showing existing and proposed conditions including principal dimensions of the work as shown in plan view, existing and proposed elevations, normal water elevation, 10-year frequency flood elevation, 100-year frequency flood elevation, and graphic or numerical scales (horizontal and vertical);
D) A seeding or stabilization plan for the disturbed areas; and
E) A copy of the regulatory floodway map, marked to reflect any proposed change in the regulatory floodway location.
2) Engineering calculations and supporting data shall be submitted showing that the proposed work will meet the permit criteria of Section 3708.70.
3) If the regulatory floodway delineation or base flood elevation will change due to the proposed project, the application will not be considered complete until the Department has indicated conditional approval of the regulatory floodway map change and the completed request for the regulatory floodway map change has been submitted to FEMA.
(Source: Amended at 38 Ill. Reg. 983, effective December 27, 2013)