TITLE 20: CORRECTIONS, CRIMINAL JUSTICE, AND LAW ENFORCEMENT
CHAPTER I: DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS
SUBCHAPTER h: MISCELLANEOUS STANDARDS
PART 800 TRANSITIONAL HOUSING LICENSURE FOR SEX OFFENDERS ON PAROLE, PROBATION, OR SUPERVISION
SECTION 800.100 ON-SITE INSPECTION OF PROGRAMS, SECURITY, AND OPERATIONS
Section 800.100 On-site Inspection of Programs, Security, and Operations
a) Prior to recommending issuance of a license, the site of a Transitional Housing facility shall be inspected by licensing representatives.
b) On-site reviews of programs, security, and operations shall be completed by Department licensure staff prior to recommendation for licensure and at least annually thereafter.
c) License representatives, within 30 days after the application for licensure has been received and determined to be complete, shall schedule a visit to the facility. The purpose of the visit shall be to assess the housing and prepare a written report to the Licensing Administrator regarding:
1) Compliance with applicable statutes, licensing procedures, and standards;
2) The adequacy of security, programming, and care outlined in the program plan;
3) The degree to which the program, as outlined, can reasonably be expected to ensure security, safety, continuity of care, and the provision of adequate planning and services;
4) The adequacy of number of staff, staff qualifications, and training;
5) The adequacy of the physical plant, site, and facility design in relation to implementing Transitional Housing; and
6) Whether the quality assurance, security policies, and evaluation mechanisms developed by the facility can reasonably be expected to control the use of behavior management techniques and security practices within the facility and to minimize the frequency of unusual incidents within the program.
d) In order to determine continuing compliance with applicable statutes and rules, a licensee's facility may, without prior notice, be visited periodically by authorized representatives of the Department.